Several weeks ago I received my Dessange Paris California Blonde VoxBox.
I was so excited to try these products out after getting so many eye rolls from my hairdresser for not using the proper products to maintain my color treated blonde locks.
My hair is fine, straight, and a dark mousy blonde naturally. I have been highlighting it since early high school. Maintaining that coloring has always proved difficult and often times it goes brassy before I get in to have it toned at my next dye appointment.
Enter Dessange Paris California Blonde! Like I said I was so thrilled to try these. After several weeks of use here is my take in the form of pros and cons.
- increased shine
- increased softness
- does not way down fine hair
- California Blonde Brass Color Correcting Creme is fun to use because it's dark blue!
- blue correcting creme easily rinsed out completely (no blue residue)
- correcting cream also left hair soft and light
- maintained current blonde
- smells very "perfumy" like grandma type smell in my opinion
- did not have directions on the shampoo or conditioner packaging (how long do I leave it in?)
- was not moisturizing or overly conditioning (see more below)
- did not have a reverse affect on the brassiness already in my hair
I think these products are great for fighting brassiness. Since I've had my hair re-colored during the test period, they are great for maintaining the bright blonde I currently have. However, before my recent appointment, the treatments did not seem to make much of a difference. I believe they may have prevented it from getting brassier - but did not lift any of the brassiness I had prior to.
Also - since my hair is so fine, I need lots of moisture to make sure it is smooth and doesn't have a lot of breakage. I felt these products did their purpose, but didn't help strengthen my hair. It was harder to comb out tangles and I felt it was easier to damage my hair while using them.
Overall, though for a very silly reason, I don't think I would buy this product. The smell is just not my thing. I often buy body products based on scent alone, so this heavily scented, perfumy product would not be my first pick.
I will continue to use the correcting creme though to keep my blonde BLONDE!!
How do you maintain your blonde? Did you #JadoreDessange?