I think even I would get bored talking Whole30 over here all the time, so I'm going to try and do a recap/discussion about it just once a week! How about on Tuesdays? Ok good, glad I checked with you.
I want this to be fairly transparent to you. All the successes, all the failures, and my sincere feelings and thoughts. If your looking for what I ate - scroll to the bottom!
One week down folks. Yeehaw!
|See, still smilin' over here|
It's not as hard as a I thought. There I said it. It's good food. Yes, it takes a lot of prep and a lot of label reading, but to eat healthy in general you should be doing that. I haven't felt hungry since day one (when I decided snacking was just going to have to happen). The only major change I've seen so far is a change in my bathroom "schedule," sorry for the TMI there, but what used to be a very regular at a certain time sort of thing is a little off. Not in a bad way, just not scheduled like before. I also was pretty dang tired the first week, which they said might happen. That could have just been the lack of coffee though.
|The pets didn't mind extra cuddle time in my exhausted state|
Diet coke. Or fruit juice. Or a mocha. Or anything sweet I can drink!!! PLEASE!! I never have been much of a sweet tooth, but this program has really, really made me crave sweet things, mostly in a liquid form. I think it goes to show how I really did have a sugar addiction, without even knowing it. It's so good to know I am breaking that habit, and hopefully erasing those cravings for good!
- going to a Mexican restaurant and not even having one chip! (or beans or a margarita)
- homemade ranch! YUM!
- Sloppy Joes we're the bomb dot com
- girls pool day with NO booze and no chips and salsa even though they were out
- paleo pizza pie that the BF ate 3 helpings of. It's that good!
- 2 noodles eaten while not even thinking (checking for done-ness) for the BF to have his Sloppy Joe meat on
- Didn't have apple cider for my Whole30 ketchup so I used a tiny bit of Vitamin Water Zero (the sugar free calorie free kind!) for that instead
If you're wanting the down and dirty here's what all I ate!
- Breakfast - 3 fried eggs over a bed of spinach and a handful raspberries
- Snack - handful of raw almonds
- Lunch -"burrito bowl" with cauliflower rice, grilled veggies, leftover shredded chicken, organic salsa and black olives
- Snack - fruit and nut snack mix
- Dinner - zucchini noodles with balsamic chicken and pesto
- Breakfast - 2 fried eggs over half a sweet potato with coconut butter and raspberries
- Lunch -big green salad with veggies, pickles, pepperchinis, avocado, balsamic chicken and homemade balsamic dressing + a nectarine
- Dinner -pork chop marinated in homemade Italian dressing, green beans, grilled rosemary red potatoes and some Whole30 homemade ranch for sauce
- Snack - "fried" 1/2 a banana with a spoonful of sunbutter
- Breakfast -2 scrambled eggs with leftover pork chop and spinach + half a banana
- Lunch -leftover pork chop, green beans, potatoes and some cauliflower rice
- Snack - half an avocado with boiled egg mixed in
- Dinner - Whole30 Sloppy Joes on summer squash buns with a side salad and Whole30 homemade ranch
- Breakfast -leftover Sloppy Joe on 1/2 sweet potato
- Snack - hard boiled egg
- Lunch - Jalapenos Restaurant chicken fajitas with guacamole and shredded lettuce (didn't cheat for even one chip in salsa!)
- Snack - garden cucumber and homemade ranch
- Dinner - cilantro lime chicken over green salad with homemade guac, olives, veggies and balsamic
- Breakfast - 2 fried eggs over half a sweet potato with coconut butter and 2 strips paleo bacon
- Snack - 1 golden delicious apple with sunbutter
- Lunch - leftover pork chop, green beans and potatoes with cauliflower rice and homemade ranch for potatoes
- Snack - hard boiled egg
- Dinner - leftover cilantro lime chicken over cauliflower rice with salsa, olives and guacamole
- "Dessert" - fresh cut strawberries with a dollop of coconut cream and walnuts
- Breakfast - 3 fried eggs, green beens, grapes and paleo bacon
- Lunch - Sloppy Joe leftovers over zucchini noodles with sunflower seeds
- Dinner - Paleo Pizza Pie Casserole and green salad with homemade ranch
- Breakfast - Paleo Egg "McMuffins" and grapes
- Snack - carrots and homemade ranch
- Dinner - huge green salad with veggies, shredded chicken and homemade ranch
- Snack - banana with sunbutter
- lots and lots of water
- lots and lots of iced tea (unsweetened and natural with fruit flavor)
- coconut water - not really a fan but it's sweet so gimme!
- seltzer water with fruit flavor
And that about sums it up. I may have missed a thing here and there but that's the majority of it! What do you think? All doable? Any questions you have for me, let me know!