Tuning in today to give you the obligatory/cliche birthday post. What is even more fun about birthdays? Coming into work to find out the company website you manage has been hacked by Islamic terrorist hackers. Real cool world, real cool.
Regardless, it is my birthday and I'm going to make the best of it. Cross your fingers for me and my hosting service - may we be please be in the clear by the end of the day.
It's a little strange for me to say I have been alive for 27 years. TWENTY SEVEN. That number even 5 or 6 years ago would have been unfathomable.
I will say though, that the mid-late 20's provides you a lot of insight into yourself, and into life.
So here are 27 things I have learned in my 27 glorious years:
- Laughing is the best medicine
- A night well spent can be on your own couch
- A Mani-Pedi is always worth the money (treat yo' self!)
- Drink good beer (or add orange juice to the cheap stuff)
- My dog is the best investment I ever made
- It's ok to put yourself first
- Saving money is hard
- Treasure the people who treasure you, don't waste time on those who don't
- Fresh cut flowers make everything better
- It's human to have cheat days (or weeks)
- Hitting snooze will always be ok
- The DVR is possibly the best invention of all time
- Have a hobby (or 2 or 3) and do it often
- Working out actually does make you feel better
- Having a car payment sucks
- Travel as often as you can
- Sometimes a girls night is necessary
- Target trips need to include popcorn
- There's no such thing as too many shoes/swimsuits/purses
- It's ok to flaunt a good hair day
- You don't have to shower every day (don't think I'm gross please)
- Hanging with your parents is not un-cool, it's awesome
- Life is short, buy the shoes
- When in doubt call, don't text
- Caffeine is a necessary evil
- There's not a lot better than live music/concerts (especially outdoors)
- You control your own happiness
Happy Monday lovers!