This is part of my Whole30 recap I'm doing every Tuesday! Week 1 here.
I want this to be fairly transparent to you. All the successes, all the failures, and my sincere feelings and thoughts. If your looking for what I ate - scroll to the bottom!
To be completely honest I fell off the wagon this week. When your best friend comes into town for a much needed girls weekend it get's rough. Still, I'm not going to let one weekend completely derail me from this! Back at it hard on Monday and going strong till the next conflict - bachelorette weekend #3 of this year, starting Friday.
I know what all you die hard Whole30ers out there are thinking. Well you aren't Whole30 then anymore! Once you mess up in that 30 days it's no longer whole, and I get that. So if you want to strip that label from me, so be it. But I still feel like it's a change I'm sticking with as much as I can, and I still plan to share it with you.
Ok, so like I said above I went off Whole30 a few times this weekend. I mean I did a WINE RUN, so obviously there was some wine involved. However, my biggest realization this weekend was that it was hard for me to drink. No really. And it was hard for me to eat the things that were bad for me. The fact that I felt that way, to me, means I'm on the right track. I was so much more hyper aware of what I was putting into my body and how it made me feel. And that's what Whole30 is all about right?
Also I feel like I may have lost a tiny bit of weight. Probably erased all that this weekend, but still, I'm feeling good!
Uh... since I gave in this weekend all are gone?? haha
- coffee trip at the office and getting unsweetened green tea
- Starbucks "me" date and getting unsweetened passion tea
- Crock Pot Carne Asada!
- one killer breakfast salad
- made it back to the gym (after like 10 years it seems) Thursday night
- Wine and more wine.
- a couple chips and bean dip at dinner Friday night
- pizza (my bestie's and my tradition!!!) on Saturday night, but they were about 90% Whole30!
If you're wanting the down and dirty here's what all I ate!
- Breakfast - 2 fried eggs over half a sweet potato
- Lunch - leftover paleo pizza pie and green beans
- Snack - carrots and Whole30 ranch
- Dinner - (Board Meeting at work) Salad with Whole30 balsamic and some fruit
- Dinner - (once I got home) Melissa's Breakfast Chicken Hash
- Breakfast - Melissa's Breakfast Chicken Hash
- Lunch -big green salad with veggies, chicken, paleo bacon and Whole30 ranch
- Snack - green apple with a spoonful of sunbutter
- Dinner - burger patty over lettuce with avocado, onion and Whole30 ketchup and pickles plus red rosemary potatoes and steamed broccoli
- Breakfast -2 scrambled eggs with avocado, green beans and leftover potatoes
- Lunch -leftover burger patty, potatoes and green beans
- Dinner - (Olive Garden) salad without dressing or cheese (brought my own Whole30 ranch and sunflower seeds to top it) and Garlic Rosemary Chicken with steamed veggies instead of mashed potatoes. Plus I scraped most of the sauce off since I didn't know what all was in it.
- Breakfast - leftover burger patty over spinach topped with avocado, onion and 2 fried eggs
- Snack - apricot
- Lunch - Melissa's Breakfast Chicken Hash
- Snack - hard boiled egg
- Dinner - crock pot carne asada over green salad with veggies, olives, guacamole and Whole30 approved balsamic
- Breakfast - 2 fried eggs and some crumbled breakfast sausage over romaine (breakfast salad!)
- Lunch - leftover burger patty, broccoli and potatoes
- Snack - Trader Joe's kale & broccoli chicken salad with my own Whole30 balsamic
- Dinner - taco salad out at dinner, but I didn't eat the shell! a few chips and salsa and bean dip
- Breakfast - hard boiled egg
- Lunch - Wine, a fresh orchard peach, and some of Whitney's food truck spaghetti
- Dinner - Whitney & Laura Surprise Pizza, one was Whole30 approved sweet potato crust! The only non- Whole30 things were one of the crust and a little cheese.
- Lunch - I was really, really naughty...
- Dinner - (at my parents') flat iron steak, sauteed green beans and squash, potatoes and onions
- Dessert - (at my parents') fresh strawberries and bananas over angel food cake with whip cream
- lots and lots of water
- lots and lots of iced tea (unsweetened and natural with fruit flavor)
- La Croix!!
And that about sums it up. Is it weird that I'm looking forward to this next weekend being over with so I have another 2 straight weeks to focus on this without interruption? I think that's a good sign...