This is part of my Whole30 recap I'm doing every Tuesday! Week 1, Week 2, and Week 3.
I want this to be fairly transparent to you. All the successes, all the failures, and my sincere feelings and thoughts. If your looking for what I ate - scroll to the bottom!
So I pretty much shit the bed this week for Whole30. I definitely can't claim I'm doing it any more, but hey, I've still made some big changes and I think it was a good thing for me.
I made some major mistakes this week, but looking at the whole of it, it wasn't nearly as bad as it would have been pre-Whole30. So that's a win right? Sure I had some bad moments, but for the most part, my weekday diet stayed on par (minus a sick day because...I'm pathetic and a day at the fair because FAIR FOOD).
To me, eating super clean (Whole30 inspired) during the week and splurging a little on the weekends is what is going to be sustainable in my life. The fact that I started doing that during the program - not so good - but at least I can see how it will work best for me.
Next week I will do a final recap with everything I have learned, what I will continue to do, and what I won't. In the mean time, here's the details for me weekly check in!
I do feel like I've lost weight. I still haven't weighed myself though. Clothes fit a little different and overall my body feels good. I know it would have been even better if I stuck with it!
I noticed that after the bachelorette party last weekend my face broke out - you don't realize how much your diet really does affect you till you do something like this. I knew right away it was because of all the crap and alcohol I had that weekend.
This is doable. Permanently. Sure not 100% of the time, but easily 80% of the time or at least during the week. I think that is a huge realization for me. It's not THAT hard. And I will be doing an actual Whole30 again in January, with NO cheats!
Sweets/desserts late while movie watching. Had a peach with some coconut milk and almonds one night and a banana with sunbutter and sunflower seeds the other. They hit the spot!
- Another awesome batch of Whole30 Ketchup and Paleo Sloppy Joes!
- 2 trips the gym and half marathon training!
- Feeling in a "rhythm" when it comes to meals and planning
- Went home sick on Tuesday and wanted my comfort food, noodles with butter and parmasan
- Gave in to Chick-fil-a after my mom and my half marathon "training" when I hadn't eaten all day - totally my fault and a break down of will power
- Cupcake and mimosa at the bridal shower
If you're wanting the down and dirty here's what all I ate!
- Breakfast - 2 fried eggs with chicken sausage, over spinach
- Snack - sliced green apple with sunbutter
- Lunch - leftover cauliflower fried rice with pineapple chicken
- Dinner - skinny buffalo chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes and side salad with Whole30 ranch
- Breakfast - leftover broccoli and sweet potatoes topped with fried egg
- Lunch - SICK noodles with butter and parmasan
- Dinner - Paleo/Whole30 Sloppy Joes over half baked potato and green beans
- Breakfast - leftover broccoli and sweet potatoes topped with Sloppy Joe meat
- Snack - fresh peach and a handful of almonds
- Lunch - leftover buffalo chicken over salad with sunflower seeds and Whole30 ranch
- Dinner - apple cider chicken (based on this) with carrots and a green salad with Tessemae's
Garlic Lemon dressing
- Breakfast - leftover veggies topped with fried egg and Sloppy Joes meat
- Snack - grapes and a hard boiled egg
- Lunch - FAIR FOOD (I don't even want to confess)
- Dinner - Oriental Pineapple Chicken Slaw (perfect for our picnic dinner to see Shakespeare) and I made it with our leftover buffalo chicken and apple cider chicken!
- Breakfast - Human Bean Coffee Trip (naughty, naughty Laura)
- Snack - leftover Oriental Pineapple Chicken Slaw
- Lunch - Sloppy Joe meat over half baked potato and green beans
- Dinner - grilled steak and broccoli and sweet potatoes also cooked on the grill (foil)
- Snack - sliced peach topped with coconut milk and slivered almonds
- Breakfast - hard boiled egg
- Lunch - Chick-Fil-A grilled chicken sandwich and fries
- Snack - Bridal Shower - mimosas, snacks and cupcake
- Dinner - Paleo Pizza Pie and a side salad
- Snack - sliced banana topped with sunbutter and sunflower seeds
So after all those promises about how I was going to do so well this week, I failed. And it sucks. I know I could have done so much better and I should have had the will power to do so. Overall I still think it has been a great experience for me. Look for the full recap next week!