Ok, so, Kasey put it perfectly that this award feels "super groovy" with the flower button and all. It's partially the reason I'm rolling with it - it's different and I like it.
That being said, I apologize for not following through with some of the other awards I've been nominated for the past few months (like Liebsters and more Liebsters and another SOB). Is it OK to be burnt out on them sometimes? It's not that I don't totally appreciate the nomination, I just kind of have to be in the mood - like a groovy mood...
Big shout out to Kasey for the nomination and also to those of you who have given me nominations recently as well like Kati Rose and Mae and Ali and I'm sure there's others. Wow, I'm a really bad blogger now that I list them out... but I love you all really I do!!!
Alright, on to Kasey's questions...
- What is the weirdest question you've ever been asked in an interview (job or otherwise, it can't be this question)? For my current job, at my first interview, the first formal question came from our very abrasive campaign adviser and he asked "How do you respond to the word No?" That isn't that weird of an interview question I guess, but it was very pointed and intimidating when it was asked first thing!
- If you could only read one book for the rest of ever, what book would you pick? Uh, could this be any tougher? Can I pick a series? That's all one story anyways right? Harry Potter - always.
- What is your favorite ever summer memory? Jee whiz one favorite? Well, winning nationals back in high school club softball, visiting Hamilton Pool in Austin during Junior Olympics, watching an amazing lightening storm roll in from Tablerock with James, Fourth of July on Flathead Lake....and many, many, many more.
- Describe yourself using only song titles. (I know that's not a question, just, okay? just be cool. just once.) "I'm pretty good at drinking beer"
- If you had $1,000,000 but had to spend it all in one week, what would you do with it? The boring stuff first - pay off my house and car and credit cards. Arrange for contractors to come re-do my fence and landscape my yard and backsplash my kitchen and bathrooms. Then shopping spree at the mall and book a vacation (or 10). If there's any left, buy James a new truck, buy a keg-erator and a few kegs (or a brewery) to go with, a new grill, and then donate the rest!
- What is your favorite holiday (religious, birthday, or otherwise) + why? Easter has always been my favorite holiday because it's always near my birthday, it symbolizes the coming of spring (my favorite season) and I LOVE hunting for eggs, dying eggs and chocolate, duh. Plus it is one of the holidays always spent with my extended family and I don't get to see them nearly enough, so Easter is special.
- What is one interesting thing that people who read your blog probably don't know about you? I pretty much lay it all out in this space. One thing that's hard to convey, or that I haven't talked a lot about, is that I am a really good friend. I'm extremely loyal and would do almost anything for a friend if asked. I always put others first. With that though, I also get really easily hurt when people I care about don't seem to return the favor. But just know, I'm one of those people you always want on your side, because I'm your go-to girl!
- Who is your biggest role model + why? My biggest role model is my mom. I know that is super cliche, but she is an amazing woman. She is among the top in her field of engineering, a field that few women are even a part of, she owns her own business, is constantly helping the community and involved around town, has time to golf and socialize and was the best dang mom for raising two girls anyone could ever ask for. She continues to support me every single day and I am so blessed. I could only hope to be like her one day!
- Who's attending that imaginary dinner party people always ask about? Uh, not really sure about what this is asking, but if I could have anyone over for (imaginary)dinner I kind of lean towards the cast of Avengers - as their characters!
- What is your favorite cocktail? I'm more of a beer girl but...on a hot summer day: cucumber vodka in sprite with sliced cucumbers and berries/mint - in the winter by the fire: Dr. Pepper and Fireball (but actually a dark chocolaty beer) - when I'm feeling cheap: vodka cranberry or rum and diet coke - the morning after drinking: a bloody mary or an orange beer (bro-mosa) - any damn day of the week or year: margarita!
Ok on to nominations and my questions.
I'm going to cheat a little bit and re-use some past nominations with a couple changes....(lazy ass, party of one)
And answer these, nominate more people, and give them your questions!
- What is the very first thing you do in the morning and the very last thing you do before going to sleep?
- What are your favorite boy name & girl name for your future children (I know you have them) or just in general...?
- Where's the farthest place you've ever driven to (or road tripped) why did you go and who were you with?
- What is the best gift you've ever received?
- If you could see one person or group in a dream concert (alive or dead) who would it be?
- What is one food that just grosses you out?
- Has someone close to you lost someone in their family? How did you handle it (this is happening right now to me, help!)
- What is your favorite tweet or instagram you've ever shared? Show us the link!
- What is the one purchase you've made on your own that you are most proud of?
- What is your job and where do you work (because I'm nosy like that).
If you play along send me the link!
Linking up with Joey with my randomness....